Be a part of high-profile and unique projects across the country.
Nicholson has been solving some of the country’s most difficult geotechnical challenges for more than 60 years! From dams and tunnels to roadways, bridges, deep foundations for high-rise buildings and everything in between (and everything underneath)—we’ve seen it and we’ve solved it. We’re proud to have our name associated with some of our industry’s most high-profile projects and we’re always looking for talented new team members to continue our story!
Join our team and learn all of the facets of geotechnical construction from the best in the industry and be part of the next 60 years of geotechnical success!
Applications are now closed for 2018, but are expected to reopen in Spring 2019. Please check back or contact Brianna Vesely for more information!
What can you expect?
New team members will be introduced to all of the major disciplines of geotechnical engineering and construction through a structured training and mentoring program. Incoming engineers will learn the basics of our geotechnical techniques, design engineering, management, estimating, quality control, safety, equipment and business development in our offices and on our projects across the country. Field personnel will focus on our techniques with hands-on equipment and process training.
For all team members, Nicholson provides a culture where safety is paramount and a cornerstone of our organization.
What Are We Looking For?
Applicants should be graduates in Civil Engineering or Construction Management and authorized to work in the US. Preference will be given to those specializing in the geotechnical, structural or construction areas, as well as those with a Masters degree.
Expectations for success include:
- A willingness to travel to gain experience on various jobsites with different techniques, people and geologic environments
- A strong work ethic and dedication to professional growth and continuous learning
- Conscientious work habits that include attention to detail, the ability to create clear documentation and strong communication skillls
- Critical thinking skills
- A willingness to accept and implement constructive feedback from the Program Director and other managers within the company
- Ethical behavior and integrity at all times
Do you have what it takes? Please check our current job listings and become part of our diverse and talented team!