Be a part of high-profile and unique projects across the country.
Members of our Engineer Development Program (EDP) experience all facets of our business firsthand, including design, estimating, quality control, construction and business development. During the three-year mentoring and educational rotational program, they work alongside the best in the industry, acquiring a broad understanding of our processes and techniques. apply now
Would you like to be a part of our next EDP Class?
How Does EDP Work?
The three year training program is designed to challenge young engineers and provide them with a strong foundation for future employment at Nicholson. As a member of an EDP Class, you'll be given assignments structured to help you learn the many facets of geotechnical construction, including on-site quality control, management and supervisory roles. In the office, you'll share responsibilities for design, estimating and business development.
EDP participants will be assigned to a regional office and will travel to our construction sites. Hotels, apartments, meals and incidental expenses are covered while working on construction sites.
Upon successful completion of the three year rotation, EDP Class members have the opportunity to become permanent employees of Nicholson Construction Company.
What Are We Looking For?
Applicants for the EDP Program should be graduates in Civil Engineering or Construction Management and authorized to work in the US. Preference will be given to those specializing in the geotechnical, structural or construction areas, as well as those with a Masters degree.
Expectations for success include:
- A willingness to travel to gain experience on various jobsites with different techniques, people and geologic environments
- A strong work ethic and dedication to professional growth and continuous learning
- Conscientious work habits that include attention to detail, the ability to create clear documentation and strong communication skillls
- Critical thinking skills
- A willingness to accept and implement constructive feedback from the Program Director and other managers within the company
- Ethical behavior and integrity at all times
Do you have what it takes to be a part of our next EDP Class?apply now