The Boone Dam Project
Welcome to the first edition of The Nicholson Drill Down! Each quarter, we’ll allow you to “Drill Down” into behind-the-scenes details of one of our significant geotechnical engineering & construction projects by clicking around to different icon markers on a birds-eye view photo. First up, we’re in Kingsport, Tennessee, working as part of a Joint Venture with Treviicos for Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) at Boone Dam. The dam was built in the 1950s, and seepage flows recently began to undermine the foundation of the embankment. We stepped in to perform low-mobility and high-mobility grouting, and now we are beginning installation of a secant pile cutoff wall to complete the solution.
Want to know more?
If you have a similar project or questions, we can help. Get in touch with an expert today.
- Read the Press Release that announced the project.
- Visit TVA’s Boone Dam Project page for ongoing updates.
- Watch local television coverage of the project, including a 3D model explaining the seepage issue.
- See Boone Dam on Google Maps.
- We’ve also worked at Prairie du Sac Dam in Wisconsin, Wanapum Dam in Washington, and Gilboa Dam in New York among others. We’re headed to Lake Isabella Dam in California soon.
Never miss a Drill Down.
Sign up to receive our quarterly newsletter and drill down on some of our most interesting projects.
Join our team!
Work (and play) alongside some of the very best in the industry.